Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Dad's had a major operation

On the way to work this morning my sister sends me a TXT to say, "Say a prayer for Dad today". She's referring to the fact that's he's having another very major heart operation. Needless to say, my Dad was in my thoughts all day. In fact, when something like this happens, my automatic response is for those thoughts to go to very bad places. Its my way of dealing with things - worst case scenario.
Another sister sent me a TXT later this afternoon to say he's had the operation and that they're going to keep him sedated for 48hours. That's a really long time and a pretty scary thought. On top of that, the same sister sends me a text soon after to let me know that his heart is beating irregularly. Once again, those thoughts go to dark places.
He'll be fine, but its times like these not to take things for granted and life is precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment